Guildford Town Centre & Metropolis at Metrotown / Tsawwassen Mills
Karma Athletics is searching for an exceptionally capable leader who is positive, solutions-oriented and provides outstanding customer service. As a Karma Assistant Store Manager, you collaborate with the Store Manager to develop extraordinary leaders, grow the business, and positively impact the surrounding community.
- Accountable for all aspects of the retail store operations, including store budget and staff costs, in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Responsible for the development of the team, the community relations and certain aspects of the store operations as determined by the Store Manager.
- Ensures that the daily needs to run the business are taken care of.
- Proactively plans for inventory replenishment.
- Plans and implements weekly merchandise displays.
- Schedules staff according to business requirements and budgets.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and incorporates into daily business.
- Leads by example on the retail floor ensuring success through product knowledge, customer service and sell through.
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment.
- Coaches, empowers and develops the team to become their best.
- Motivates their community to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
Required Business Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year of management experience, retail preferred.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business, marketing or related field preferred.
- Excellent intrapersonal communication skills – verbal and written.
- Extraordinary customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Merchandising experience is an asset.
- Lives the culture and value system of Karma including the Principals of Good Karma: Karma, Integrity, Empowerment and Innovation, and having fun.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly, and customer service oriented.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- Passionate about sports and a healthy lifestyle.
- Self- motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable.
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Desire to excel and succeed.
- Self-awareness, with desire for constant self -improvement (goal-oriented).
- Nurtures an environment of constant learning and growth.
Compensation Range – Let’s discuss!
Only qualified candidates need to apply. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. We appreciate and thank you for your interest.
What is Karma?
Karma is the athletic apparel brand of choice for healthy, active people who value fashion, quality and social responsibility.
Developing garments authentically from a yoga background, Karma believes in the idea that what you put out into the world, you get back.
Karma is a brand beyond the mainstream.
Karma exists to empower people who proudly stand apart from the crowd, those who are ready to elevate their wardrobes, their lives and the world.
Karma is style – driven apparel, backed by technical functionality and social conscience, coveted by bold, independent thinkers.
Clothing for movement. Clothing for a movement. ™