Gastown, Vancouver, BC
Karma Athletics is searching for efficient, leader who is positive, solutions-oriented and, provides outstanding customer service. As a Karma Team Leader, you collaborate with the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager to supervise the retail floor and make sure that the store runs smoothly.
There will be on job training at Tsawwassen Mills Pop-up store before Gastown Flagship store opening in June 2017.
- Accountable for all aspects of the retail store operations, in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Responsible for certain aspects of the store operations, strategy and development of the team and community, as determined by the Store Manager.
- Ensures that the daily needs to run the business are taken care of.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures and incorporates into daily business.
- Leads by example on the retail floor by establishing principles for success in product knowledge, customer service and sell through.
- Fosters a transparent, honest and positive team environment.
- Coaches, empowers and develops the team to become their best.
- Motivates their community to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
Required Business Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Min 1 year of retail experience.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- Excellent intrapersonal communication skills – verbal and written.
- Extraordinary customer service, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Merchandising experience is an asset.
- Ability to speak Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus.
- Lives the culture and value system of Karma including the Principals of Good Karma: Karma, Integrity, Empowerment and Innovation, and having fun.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Upbeat, optimistic, passionate, friendly, and customer service oriented.
- Responsible and dependable.
- Proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- Passionate about sports and a healthy lifestyle.
- Self- motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable.
- Outgoing, energetic, upbeat and fun!
- Desire to excel and succeed.
- Self-awareness, with desire for constant self -improvement (goal-oriented).
- Nurtures an environment of constant learning and growth.
Compensation Range – Let’s discuss!
Only qualified candidates need to apply. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. We appreciate and thank you for your interest.
What is Karma?
Karma is the athletic apparel brand of choice for healthy, active people who value fashion, quality and social responsibility.
Developing garments authentically from a yoga background, Karma believes in the idea that what you put out into the world, you get back.
Karma is a brand beyond the mainstream.
Karma exists to empower people who proudly stand apart from the crowd, those who are ready to elevate their wardrobes, their lives and the world.
Karma is style – driven apparel, backed by technical functionality and social conscience, coveted by bold, independent thinkers.
Clothing for movement. Clothing for a movement. ™